Lithuania was the first country to start the sequence of qualification tournaments for the Cigar Smoking World Championship (CSWC) 2016.
The event called Cigara Dru was the first one to feature the new competition cigar … Macanudo Inspirado Mareva. And it generated surprises and new records:
- Only one participant smoked less than 30 minutes.
- For the first time in six years a lady surpassed the 2 hours mark. With a total of 2:01 hours, Ms Jana Moraru achieved the best time ever achieved by a female participant; she finished second place at the Baltic tournament.
- Lev Baranov, President of Cigar Club “Horse Power” from St. Petersburg/Russia was third at 1 hour 58 minutes. That was his personal record in four years participating in CSWC.
- The winner was Ivan Munteanu from Moscow at 2 hours and 12 minutes.
- World Champion Oleg Pedan finished at 1 hour and 44 minutes.